Click on a picture to email the officer
- Free markets are the solution to the California water crisisCalifornia looms at the precipice of a water crisis unseen in the history of the region. While many commentators and politicians are quick to blame markets for over-consumption, the current management system represents anything but open markets. For years, the government of California has encouraged costly and inefficient use of water in a largely arid […]
- Today’s the Deadline to Apply to SFL’s Summer Internship ProgramToday is the deadline to apply to SFL’s Summer Internship Program. If you’re down for… Up to three months of work at SFL’s national headquarters in Washington, DC during the city’s most exciting season Working alongside an intern class of students from all across the US A $2,000 stipend A scholarship to attend FreedomFestin Las Vegas […]
- When War Comes We Know Who To BlameThe news broke on Twitter – where else? – at around five on Tuesday morning: "Officials: Iran Nuke Talks to Continue in New Phase." The Associated Press headline writer might just as well have shortened that to "No Deal," as the content of the story made all too clear: "Wrapping up six days of marathon […]
- Another Illegal War in the Middle EastSaudi Arabia has commenced military operations against the Ansarullah fighters of the Houthi movement in Yemen. The Saudi intervention was not unexpected. Over the last few weeks, there were signs that the United States and the Saudis were preparing the ground for direct military intervention in Yemen in response to the Houthis’ seizing the Yemeni […]
- What the UCF chapter has been up to this SpringWow, the Young Americans for Liberty chapter at the University of Central Florida has been busy this spring semester! YAL@UCF started the semester by attending our university's "Spring Club Showcase" where more than 200 clubs tabled to showcase themselves to new and returning students.We decided to use the classic YAL political quiz to help start […]
- NRA University at MTSUMiddle Tennessee State University Young Americans for Liberty recently held their first major event of the semester. They event dealt with one of our most fundamental rights in the Constitution, the Second Amendment The National Rifle Association worked with our chapter to host a NRA University. The purpose of the event was to get students informed on […]
- Justice to AntiquityIn a book review of Larry Siedentop’s Inventing the Individual (which I confess I haven’t read), Roger McKinney — evidently following Siedentop — trots out the hackneyed claim that individualism is a product solely of the West, and specifically of the post-pagan West. In response to the first claim, I’ll simply point to the many...
- English Language Media Coordinator’s Report, March 2015Dear C4SS supporters, Welcome to my final media coordinator report. Not THE last media coordinator report, just MY last media coordinator report. After not quite five years in this position, I’ve decided it’s time to move on (amicably — I remain a senior fellow at the Center and an advisor at our parent organization, the...
- Call for Abstracts on Police and AnarchismCall for Abstracts for the Molinari Society’s next Eastern Symposium, to be held in conjunction with the American Philosophical Association Eastern Division meeting, January 6-9, 2016, in Washington DC. (Note that this meeting is the week after New Year’s, rather than, as in past years, just before New Year’s. This later time is expected to...