Click on a picture to email the officer
- Slavery’s Incomplete EndThe standard narrative regarding slavery in the United States suggests that slavery was legal until a bloody civil war was fought over it, after which the 13th Amendment was passed, which prohibited slavery. But this leaves out one crucial caveat. The 13th Amendment prohibited slavery “except as punishment for a crime.” This allowed slavery to continue under […]
- African SFL Releases Video Parable on ProfitProfit. It’s one one of the most hated concepts in modern society, but why? Sure, profit is selfish in the sense that individuals follow their rational self-interest to reap the fruits of their labor. However, the prosperity that profit brings in turn benefits society as a whole. This subtle but important concept is fundamental to a […]
- How To Honor Memorial DayHow best to show respect for the U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan and for their families on Memorial Day? Simple: Avoid euphemisms like “the fallen” and expose the lies about what a great idea it was to start those wars and then to “surge” tens of thousands of more troops into those fools’ […]
- In Memoriam: Our Old RepublicWhat better day to mourn our old republic than Memorial Day? Proclaimed by Civil War veterans in 1868 to commemorate the dead, today it evokes memories of past conflicts and those that are ongoing – all of which were (and are) the catalysts of this country’s degeneration into an empire. Yes, all of them, including […]
- Successful UTEP YAL Incarceration Nation event!On Thursday, April 9, 2015 the Young Americans for Liberty Chapter at University of Texas, El Paso hosted an incredible and successful event to create awareness and educate students on the dangerously and rapidly rising incarceration rates of our nation and of our world.We had three public speakers, Robert Vega Jr. - a motivational speaker […]
- Spring 2015 at the University of WyomingBeginning mid-semester, YAL at University of Wyoming became an officially recognized student organization. We started out by putting up posters advertising the group and testing out tabling. I wrote about this event here:http://www.yaliberty.org/posts/first-tabling-event-at-university-of-wyomingShortly after, Abe Alassaf from the Leadership Institute came to help us table and he was awesome! We got over 30 sign-ups in […]
- Healthcare and Radical Monopoly on Feed 44C4SS Feed 44 presents “Healthcare and Radical Monopoly” from the book Markets Not Capitalism, written by Kevin Carson, read by Stephanie Murphy and edited by Nick Ford. In New York City, John Muney recently introduced an updated version of lodge practice: the AMG Medical Group, which for a monthly premium of $79 and a flat office fee of $10...
- Genuine Ideology on Feed 44C4SS Feed 44 presents Will Moyer‘s “Genuine Ideology” read by Tony Dreher and edited by Nick Ford. “Genuine ideology is a fringe phenomenon. Genuine ideology exists, but is primarily found at the margins of mainstream discourse and political power. Put another way, the farther you move away from the mainstream, the more likely you are to find...
- Magna Carta and Libertarian StrategyThe middle of next month will mark the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta. My knowledge of the “great charter” is modest, to be sure, but lately I have been reading about it and its legacy. (See the “Liberty Matters” discussion, in which I have a small editorial role, going on this month at Liberty Fund’s...