Click on a picture to email the officer
- Tyranny of Adulthood: Working on ThanksgivingThe following is a guest submission from Zachary Bartsch, a PhD student at George Mason University. He also blogs on economics and philosophy at pacvae.wordpress.com. This Thanksgiving millions of folks across the USA will be sitting down for the annual extended-family-mega-meal. For some the tradition is accompanied by the ominous yet exciting warfare of co
- Be Thankful for Property RightsOn the fourth Thursday of November, families gather all across America to celebrate a feast of thanksgiving. This is to honor the memory of the thanksgiving meal celebrated by the Pilgrims in 1621. Myth and nationalistic lore now shrouds this meal. Was there turkey on the first thanksgiving table? Probably not, but we are certain there […]
- War in Mockingjay and the Hunger Games SeriesOn November 21, the third film in the Hunger Games series was released. Mockingjay, Part 1 continues the films’ habits of improving upon their earnest, and gratuitously violent Young Adult novel origins. This is thanks to the brilliance of Jennifer Lawrence’s performance, and a general habit of the filmmakers of taking author Suzanne Collins’ story […]
- Not Again, Mr. Obama! On ‘A More Expansive Mission’ in Afghanistan!President Obama has authorized "a more expansive mission for the military in Afghanistan in 2015 than originally planned". Imagine that, like the late U.S. war veteran Jacob George, you’re sent on this "more expansive mission". Your military helicopter is landing on farmland amidst mud-house villages, like a futuristic war machine inserte
- Executing Scott Panetti: An Abuse of Power in TexasWhenever a state has the power to execute, there is the potential for it to abuse this power. An abuse of this power is currently on display in Texas, which is trying to execute a man with severe mental illness.Texas has scheduled an execution date of December 3 for Scott Panetti, who was convicted of murdering his wife’s parents in 1992. Panetti suffers fro
- Tax Your Stash with YAL @ Millersville!For Halloween, Young Americans for Liberty at Millersville University created a Tax Your Stash event as our first fiscally focused activism event of the year. Up until this point, our chapter had only done social activism events, so we put our heads together and brainstormed to create this fun event!At our Tax Your Stash table, we had four Trick or Treat pum
- Plymouth StockThe talking point popular among right-leaning libertarians that the Plymouth colony is an example of the failure of the commons has been dealt with on C4SS. But it takes a list to make clear just how often the same piece has been rewritten: Tom Bethell, “How Private Property Saved the Pilgrims”, the Hoover Institution’s Hoover...
- Victims of Abortion Criminalization on Feed 44C4SS Feed 44 presents Valdenor Júnior‘s “Victims of Abortion Criminalization” read by Christopher B. King and edited by Nick Ford. I agree with jurist Ronald Dworkin in his book Life’s Dominion. He states that people wish to ban abortion because they understand there is some intrinsic value to life that must be preserved. However, that sacred value is...
- Challenging the Motives Behind War on Feed 44C4SS Feed 44 presents Chad Nelson‘s “Challenging the Motives Behind War” read by Christopher B. King and edited by Nick Ford. But in war, all the war-making murderer needs is a place where he or she claims bad people exist. To hell with other details or circumstances. The rest of the war-making murderer’s conduct gets blanket immunity so...