Click on a picture to email the officer
- Today is the Deadline for SFL’s Voice & Exit RaffleToday is the last day to put your name into Students For Liberty’s raffle for free registration to Voice & Exit. So, what are you waiting for? Click here for your chance to spend a long weekend with the best and brightest libertarian minds in beautiful Austin, Texas. If you haven’t heard of Voice & […]
- Rand Paul’s Campaign: Actions Speak Louder than WordsOn April 7, Rand Paul formally announced his campaign for President. While many libertarians were eagerly awaiting that day for months or even years, others merely rolled their eyes at what they see as just another politician. Aside from a filibuster of the nomination of CIA Director John Brennan two years ago, this is the […]
- 298 Killed in Iraq as Militants Attack Border PostsMilitants attacked two border posts in Anbar province and a new battlefield has opened up near Lake Thar Thar. At least 298 people were killed and 68 more were wounded.
- Stuck in Area A: Disowning the PalestiniansAre you surprised that there has been little mobilization to help Yarmouk, the Palestinian refugee camp on the outskirts of Damascus, which is overrun by militants, and besieged by the Syrian army? Palestinians – and Syrians – there are killed in a myriad of ways, including starvation. As we stand and watch in horror and […]
- Incarceration Nation @ UMBCAfter a bit of difficulty with our school event software, YAL at University of Maryland Baltimore County managed to pull off our Incarceration Nation event with great success!We managed to get at least a page of sign-ups, and talk to quite a few students on our campus. We plan on showing the documentary at our […]
- UNC YAL's Incarceration NationUNC YAL did worrrkkkk.University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Incarceration Nation event drew many to learn about criminal justice reform. Students were aghast to hear about mandatory minimum sentencing, and that 93% of people we lock up are for non-violent crimes. One of the more powerful moments of the day was when a lady came […]
- The Weekly Libertarian Leftist Review 79David Sirota discusses the parade of phony GOP “libertarians”. Charles Burris on why Ayn Rand got Robin Hood wrong. Eric Margolis discusses a WW1 Churchill crime. Steven Horowitz discusses how capitalism contributed to feminism and gay marriage. Justin Raimondo discusses the Saudi state as our enemy. Doug Bandow discusses why America should say no to...
- A Freed Society Would Not Be Problem-FreeIn 1970 country singer Lynn Anderson had a hit recording of a Joe South song that opened with the line: I beg your pardon. I never promised you a rose garden. I often think of that song in connection with the libertarian philosophy. You may be asking: for heaven’s sake, why? Because it’s what I...
- Lacaio dos banqueiros não se olha no espelhoEm discurso recente à Mortgage Bankers Association, o senador americano Ben Sasse — um calouro republicano do estado do Nebraska — jocosamente acusou sua colega Elizabeth Warren de pretender remover todo o risco da economia. Presumivelmente, ele pretende dizer que Warren quer proteger as pessoas comuns de riscos como financiamentos habitacionais com pagamentos insustentáveis graças...