Click on a picture to email the officer
- Latin American 2014 EsLibertad Conference: The Path of FreedomThe following was written by Milica Pandzic, an EsLibertad Executive Board Member. The Latin American EsLibertad Conference 2014: The Path of Freedom was the event of the year for libertarian students in Latin America. It was held in Guatemala on October 10-12 at the libertarian mecca, the Francisco Marroquín University (UFM), and attracted over 650 […]
- SFL’s Group of the Week: Oklahoma University S4SSThis post is part of a new “Student Spotlight” SFL blog series in which we honor the best and brightest student activists in our network by highlighting the top student, group, and event of the week and share their accomplishments to inspire other leaders to step up their game in advancing the cause of liberty. […]
- Bury the Bomb Before It Buries UsA quarter century after the Cold War ended, the people of the world are now entering a dangerous era of improved and more accurate nuclear weapons and faster, more precise delivery systems at a time of growing antagonism between Washington and Moscow and potential antipathy between the U.S. and China. All nine nuclear countries are […]
- Two Parades and a DroneWhereas there was at least some humor in the grim reality of Bosnia’s general elections – which, by the way, returned mostly expected results (Economist‘s wishful thinking aside) – the situation in neighboring Serbia this autumn of 2014 has been all grim and no funny. Even the "gay pride" parade, held in Belgrade on September […]
- Troy University Young Americans for Liberty Constitution WeekTroy University Young Americans for Liberty ran our Constitution Week event on Wednesday, September 17. We had planned on running the event all week, but there was an issue with our Free Speech Ball being taken and popped, apparently those guys have never heard of the Non-Aggression Principle.The event ran from about 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and during this time
- First Tabling Event at Drury UniversityThe day was hot and businesses were placed around Drury's notorious fountain circle. The local radio station was blasting music and giving away prizes. Meanwhile, a hundred or so feet away, YAL @ Drury University's first tabling event was underway. I set out Constitutions, books, buttons, stickers, and more! The politically homeless quiz was a sell
- Hobby Lobby — A Question of Agency on Feed 44C4SS Feed 44 presents Kevin Carson‘s “Hobby Lobby — A Question of Agency” read James Tuttle and edited by Nick Ford. To repeat, there were a lot of people whose agency was at stake here besides the Green family’s — in particular, the 70% majority of Hobby Lobby’s workers who are women. who may have been having...
- A Matter of Life and Death on Feed 44C4SS Feed 44 presents Jason Lee Byas‘ “A Matter of Life and Death” from the Students for a Stateless Society‘s Volume 1, Issue 3 of THE NEW LEVELLER read by Trevor Hultner and edited by Nick Ford. Even more fundamentally, both aggression and domination beat back the thing that makes us distinct from the dead. In so far as we...
- To Paul Krugman: Thou Art the ManPaul Krugman, in denouncing the excessive market power of Amazon (“Amazon’s Monopsony is Not OK,” New York Times, October 19), proclaims that the Robber Baron Era ended when “we as a nation” put an end to it. There’s a powerful story in the book of 2 Samuel about the prophet Nathan confronting King David after...